Home » Purpose » Human Sustainability » PepsiCo Beverages Canada
PepsiCo Beverages Canada
At PepsiCo Beverages Canada, we recognize and are committed to the need to keep up with consumer demand as well as the need to offer beverages that make it more enjoyable for Canadians to lead healthier lives. The focus to deliver more nutritious beverage offerings started with the acquisition of the Tropicana brand in 1998 and the merger with Gatorade in 2001. We continue this journey with new brands like Naked juice and Aquafina Plus+ vitamin enhanced water, Tropicana Trop 50® and O.N.E® Coconut Water.
Our goal is to nourish consumers with a range of products that deliver great taste, convenience and affordability from refreshing treats to healthful offerings. We continue to transform our beverage portfolio to meet consumer needs by introducing new types of nutritious beverage products, reducing portion sizes, adding fruits, fibre, key vitamins, nutrients and reducing added sugars. Our efforts include:
- Launched Tropicana Pure Premium 100% not-from-concentrate orange juice and expanded the portfolio with Tropicana Essentials 100% juices offering the benefits of calcium and vitamin D.
- Launched Tropicana Trop50® with 50% less sugar and calories than the leading 100% juices in 2011. Trop50 is naturally sweetened with Reb A - Pure ViaTM brand natural pure stevia extract. Each 250mL glass is an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin C.
- Continuing to expand our Aquafina water portfolio to include flat water, FlavourSplash brand, Aquafina Plus+ vitamin enhanced water, and Aquafina Plus+ Vitamins 10 Cal. ™ enhanced water made with PureVia™ all natural pure Stevia extract (Reb A). PepsiCo Canada was the first company to introduce this sweetener in a beverage in Canada. PureVia is a zero calorie sweetener extracted from the Stevia plant and is 200 times sweeter than sugar. The Stevia plant is native to Brazil and Paraguay and has been used as a sweetener in other countries for more than 30 years.
- Meeting the needs of athletes through our Gatorade brand, backed by over 40 years of research and scientifically proven to quench thirst, replace fluids and electrolytes, and provide carbohydrate energy for athletic performance. Expanded to meet the needs of a broader group of athletes in 2008 with G2 electrolyte beverage from the maker of Gatorade, with 50% less calories and the same electrolytes.
- Using the latest science and insights from thousands of athletes, the Gatorade brand developed the G-series® platform and launched in Canada in 2011. This includes a series of products that address pre, during and post exercise nutrition and hydration needs. The G-series® includes Gatorade Prime pre-game beverages, Gatorade perform thirst quencher and Gatorade recover post game recovery beverages.
- Introduced O.N.E Coconut Water in 2012. 100% natural, O.N.E 100% Coconut Water contains only water straight from the young green coconut. Super hydrating with potassium levels like that of a banana, no added sugar and is naturally fat free.
The Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) Canada aims to help athletes optimize their health and performance through research and education in hydration and nutrition science. For more information visit www.gssiweb.org.
In partnership with the Canadian Beverage Association, our industry association, we took a leadership role in the development of voluntary guidelines for the sale of beverages in schools to ensure Canadian students have greater access to nutritious and lower-calorie beverage choices. For more information visit www.canadianbeverage.ca/.
Learn more about PepsiCo Beverages Canada's brands here.
In February 2011, PepsiCo Beverages Canada announced its support of the Clear on Calories beverage industry initiative, which will see calorie counts on the front of beverages packages, and on vending and fountain equipment. PepsiCo Beverages Canada will begin rolling out the Clear on Calories tablet on the front of PBC beverage packages beginning in May 2011 and will complete the rollout by 2013. Click here to view the press release